Updated: Oct 25, 2019
Hey my darlings ! Welcome back to another post. I wanted this post to be dedicated to me sharing with you all what I've been up to and of course share my new goals and everything that I have going on. I feel like in this season of my life I am going through a lot of changes and It is definitely a good thing. I used to be afraid of change, but not anymore :)
For those of you who don't know, I am currently a senior in college studying Psychology with a minor in Communication Arts, and the time just flew by. I can't believe I'm a senior and I literally have one more semester to go. I'm literally in school every day LOL. I'm taking 5 classes this semester and I'm very involved on campus on top of being a blogger and a photographer. Lucky for me I work on campus. It just makes sense right now since I practically live at school. I've managed to find an internship (HOORAY) where I'll be working with a start up company. It is a nerve wrecking experience, but I am so happy to be finally getting a taste of what I would like to do in the future. I am in the midst of narrowing down my list of graduate schools as well. I've been looking at schools with Public Relation and Strategic Communication programs. I'm still debating if I want to do online or in -person classes, but I think I would do better in an in-person setting. Ugh, this whole "adulting," thing is tough LOL.
2019 is almost over but there are still some things I would like to accomplish before the year is over. Here are some of the things that are most important to me !
- Get 10K followers on instagram. I'm not gonna lie I am no where near this yet, but with me being consistent I see the growth. Realistically speaking, I probably won't have 10K followers by the end of this year, but it is still a big goal of mine still. I currently have 1,744 followers on instagram :(, but I would like to just consider this a humble beginning. When I first started my blog journey last year I was barely pushing 1,000 followers and I've been growing since I started. It is still a rewarding feeling to have people interact with my content and I am so eager for more growth to occur. This is all one big learning experience and I couldn't be happier.
- Find another internship for the spring semester that is paid ! This is gonna be tough, but I don't want to go into the work force without enough experience. The more field experience you have the more likely you are to secure that dream job. I don't care what it takes, but I will make this happen for myself :) I have so much faith and I am a strong believer in positive affirmations. So yes, this will happen for me. It would be nice if it was paid because at least if I have to miss work hours at school I can still be making money at my internship.
- Get a 4.0 this semester. Grades are very important to me amongst all other things and I feel like I just do better in the Fall semester vs the Spring (does anybody else feel like this ? ). If I get a 4.0 this semester I am able to keep my high GPA and I need that so I can get a decent amount of funding for the graduate schools I am applying for. I already have all the extracurricular activities so now I just want the GPA to match.
I will be 22 on September 24th and I can't believe it. I am always so emotional every year on my birthday because it is just a blessing to be alive and living in my purpose. I still feel like I'm discovering my purpose though. I say that because I am no where near where I want to be, but I know I am working towards it. For this new season of my life, I would like to take more risks and be more bold. I do not want to underestimate any of my abilities because I have a tendency to do that sometimes. I don't want to do that anymore !!! I will be taking more chances to help benefit and elevate my goals and aspirations.
I spend so much time trying to look at the bigger picture, but I never really paying attention to what I have done so far. I like to stay humble, but I must I am proud of myself and it has taken a lot for me to even say that.
- Loving my content ! My instagram feed is looking A1 ! I am so happy with the interaction I've been getting and it is just pushing me to produce even more. I take my feed seriously because I am constantly looking at inspiration to spark something in my head. I've decided to show more of my personality, have more fun, and be more creative. I realized that people love it more when I'm transparent with them.
- Partnering and collaborating with brands. This is a big deal for me. I am still trying to work my way up, but I am thankful for the brands that have reached out to me thus far and I will continue to grow so that I can promote even bigger brands.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post . I can't wait to see what the rest of 2019 has in store me ! Always remember that it is never too late to achieve anything because remember you are always growing and learning each and every day. Write down your goals and make it your business to achieve them !
Thanks for reading my loves. See you in my next post :)
Till Next Time My Loves ,
Twiggy Versatile xoxox
Connect With Me On Social Media
Instagram : @Twiggyversatile
Twitter : @Twiggyversatile
Snapchat : @zzoeeeeeeee