Fashion Highlight of The Week: Carlos Piñeiro
Updated: Sep 15, 2019
His personality matches his sense of style. He's a carefree spirit who isn't afraid to tell it how it is. I had so much fun learning more about Carlos during this whole process and I hope you will too. He is truly something special :) Check him out !
How would you describe your personal style?
" I would describe my personal style as neutral, timeless, sophisticated and comfortable. Black, white, denim and leather are my top choices since they will never go out of style. In the future I don’t want to look back at pictures of myself and say “oh what was I thinking?” I don’t typically follow trends, I believe trends are designed for the anxious. I believe that we should all use fashion as a way to express ourselves rather than everyone looking like the same soulless robots ."
" Comfort plays a major role in my everyday style; there is nothing cute about looking stiff and uncomfortable, we transmit those feelings to everyone around us and no one wants to make others feel uncomfortable. And by comfort I don’t mean to wear sweatpants every day, but to wear the right sizes and comfortable fabrics."
What are three words that describe you?
" Sarcastic, fun and caring."
What is some fashion advice that you would want to share with others?
" I Don’t care about following trends and having the latest thing, find your own style and what you really enjoy and invest in good quality timeless pieces. It’s a lot more fun to express yourself rather than to follow how others dress or say how you should dress. Also, ALWAYS wear perfume, a scent that represents you. Smelling good is a courtesy to everyone around you.
Who is your biggest fashion inspiration?
" My biggest fashion inspiration would have to be a tie between Lady Gaga and Alexander McQueen. Lady Gaga has always inspired me to wear whatever I want and express myself through fashion, while McQueen is my favorite designer of all time, his designs represented the perfect blend of sophistication with punk rock."
Where do you go shopping?
" This is probably the hardest question for me to answer for me because I could shop everywhere, I don’t have a go-to place because it also depends on the budget. I could either shop at Zara or at Barney’s or any stores in between. I do a lot of my shopping online so I am constantly checking websites such as ASOS, Zara, Far Fetch, Mr Porter, And even Amazon (I usually buy sneakers and more sporty clothing there) "
In your opinion, what is a big fashion no-no?
- " WEDGES MAKE ME CRINGE. No offense to anyone that wears them, if you like them wear them with pride, I just think they’re atrocious."
- " To all of the gentlemen reading this, wear fitted suits, no one likes a baggy looking suit that looks like you took it straight out of dad’s 1981 prom picture."
- " Don’t look like a walking advertisement for a suburban mall. Avoid wearing clothes that show oversized logos like “Abercrombie and Fitch” or “Armani Exchange” there is nothing classy in those. So, keep that Hollister hoodie to sleep. "
- " Cargo shorts are a perfect depiction of everything wrong with humanity. If you wear cargo shorts we will probably never be friends. No, seriously, I’m begging you, stop it."
- " Square-toed shoes are hideous. There is nothing cute about looking like someone chopped your toes off. Round-toed shoes are a much more flattering option."
- " Matching your handbag to your belt and your shoes is OVER. It’s been over since 2004. Please."
-Michael Kors handbags are hideous. Well, everything Michael Kors is hideous.
- " Slides are great to wear inside your house, in the gym showers or at the beach, keep them where they belong."
-" Denim overalls don’t look good on everyone. You either look fashionable or like a giant toddler. So, be cautious when choosing to buy one. Try different fabrics other than denim. "
- " Kitten heels are a dumb excuse to say you’re wearing heels. Wear a flat or a cool sneaker, it’s a much better option if you don’t want to commit to wearing high heels."
" I could talk about this for ages so if you want just follow me on every platform, I’m very opinionated, clearly. "
https://www.us.allsaints.com/men/t-shirts/allsaints-atnom-ss-crew/?colour=451&category=13 Jacket: A.P.C. + Louis W "The Ferris" Suede Bomber Jacket
https://shop.diesel.com/skinny/sleenker-084zn/00S7VG084ZN.html?dwvar_00S7VG084ZN_color=02&lang=default#lang=default&start=1 Shoes:Adidas Ultraboost
Wanna see more from Carlos ? Follow him on his social media handles :)
#fashionblogger #fashion #fashionpost #outfitpost #fashionable #everydaylooks #nikonphotography #mensfashion #Fallfashion #stylish #subscribe #followme #highfashion #Cool